《Designing Learning for the 21st Century》（为21世纪设计学习）是一门开放课程，该课程由英国博尔顿大学教育控制论研究所（IEC）的专家们专门为中国的教育技术学硕士研究生而 设计。中方学生在本地学校远程学习该课程的内容，并按课程要求完成相应的学习活动。在学生的整个远程的学习过程中，英方专家组与学生们进行同步和异步相结 合、实时和非实时相结合的各种交流互动，及时解答学生在学习过程中遇到的各种问题，及时提供学术支持服务，引导和促进学生完成一个学期的课程学习。最后由中方教师给出符合本地学校考核要求的定量评价（通常为具体的分数）。考核成绩合格者即可获得本地就读大学的相应课程学分。
This Course is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 UK: England & Wales License
Week 3.Technology in Education: Openness and the future of Higher Education
- Week 3.Technology in Education: Openness and the future of Higher Education
- Identify and contextualise the major historical and global developments of educational technology.
- Select a key development and argue for its global significance
- create a group wiki on OERs and its implications in education
- to introduce the concept of Openness and OER movement around the world
- to explore various OER innovations and the lastest developments of Open Education
- to understand the importance of openness in education
- to continue exploring the topic and issues around OERs and Open Education with experts and within the community
What to do:
- Individual activity, from open education pioneer David Wiley,Watch the video
- Individual activity, use the reading materials provided below to help you familarise yourself with major OER initiatives, active bloggers and communities in the field.
- Group activity, Our Aimdiscuss these questions with peers in your learning set: how do OERs impact teaching and learning in Higher Education and what are the issues that we need to take into consideration in order to realise its potential? eg. sustainability, cultural change, pedagogic issues, technology, etc.
- report your findings, thoughts and issues raised during the discussions on the wiki of yourlearning set .