Professor Fan Louzhen:
The application for SURME 2019 is open! The application deadline is February 1, 2019.
Please let your students know that the English Proficiency verification must be included as part of the application to ensure timely processing of the J-1 Visa. If the official scores are not available by February 1, they should upload a document indicating when they expect to email me their official scores.
- Acceptance/Visa processing is contingent upon receipt of the official scores.
- BOTH recommendations must be completed by February 9th and be on official letterhead
- To help expedite Visa processing, please provide students with award letters for funding to be included as part of J-1 Part D
- If the school is providing proof, it should be on official letterhead (this is preferred for all students even if using personal funds to expedite VISA processing).
- If personal funds are to be used without assistance from the school, a bank statement must be attached (in English) to process the Visa request
We have new projects/mentors from the UTEP Physics department and some new Engineering projects as well. Please encourage students from the appropriate fields to apply as well.
I look forward to working with you and your students over the summer.
Joseph “Joe” Ramos
Campus Office of Undergraduate
Research Initiatives (COURI)
The University of Texas at El Paso
500 W. University Ave.
El Paso, TX 79968-0509
Office: CCSB 2.0118