Picture of 淼 王
Group 16: Session 2
by 淼 王 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 8:07 AM

Now, you are free to talk.
Picture of 淼 王
回复: Group 16: Session 2
by 淼 王 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 10:39 AM

Morning, everyone.

While I was analyzing "who is the most powerful people in the network, I took different aspects into account. Let me introduce my measure in brief.
First of all we need to assign different values to different aspects. To this case, it is of importance to assign proper values to different ways of interactions, like RT, reply or just simply connected. Maybe there will be differences of views ——on whether RT is more important, how much it is, whether retweet someone ‘s messages or be retweeted by others values more, something like that. To get our answers more accurate, we even need to take the choices of words as well as emotions between lines into account.
If we want to have a clear and right answer, maybe we need to ask sociologists for help.

P.S. If you are familiar with the neural network, they might someway look alike.

P.P.S There is my brief drawing map of the social network in the attachment.

Picture of 文正 刘
the best way to analyze
by 文正 刘 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 2:21 PM

I think the best way to analyze is through imperative statements. Communication and communication between people does not judge the status between people. They may reflect the possibility of mutual help between people, and the possibility of mutual help in an equal status environment, such as in bars. Party, travel and other occasions. But the problem is obviously in an office environment, which can be obtained through keywords such as "work, meeting" in the text, and in this environment, there is a dominant and dominant relationship between people, so the imperative statement It is the best way to judge.
Picture of 文正 刘
the characteristics of the text itself
by 文正 刘 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 2:29 PM

Therefore, in addition to the speed of communication, the number of links and the number of responses between people in the network, the characteristics of the text itself cannot be ignored. For example, in the text, "exclamation, modal, respectful, and modest words", there is no doubt that people will adopt different dialogue strategies when facing different objects, so the characteristics of words and sentences in the analysis text can be effective. In-depth analysis of the relative relationship in the network.

Picture of 文正 刘
extremely limited inferences
by 文正 刘 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 2:36 PM

But one thing we should also note is that our inferences in the context of extremely limited text and interrelationships rely on the text itself. It is very difficult for us to have the specificity of the text itself. For example, the supervisor in the text may have just taken office, so it is very strict. A secretary has very little talk today because he had a fight with his husband last night. A middle-aged man is friendly and friendly because it is an LGBT person, but Perhaps not recognized by everyone.

We may only be able to make extremely limited inferences under limited textual information, and perhaps get more information to make higher quality inferences.

Picture of 淼 王
回复: extremely limited inferences
by 淼 王 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 6:47 PM

it seemed that we have similar point of view! But do you ever think about how to reach your idea by mechanical methods? 

Picture of 沁瀚 余
some ways to judge
by 沁瀚 余 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 9:02 PM

I think it can be judged by the length, frequency, and speed of each person's speech through the conversation. The low status tends to reply faster and have more words. There are also special words that can be used, such as sorry, excuse me, and thank you, and so on, which tend to use more with low voice.

Picture of 晓宇 孙
the reputation outside the network and one's own ability
by 晓宇 孙 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 9:35 PM

I agree with the noticeable features of the text itself.If someone can get more people to correspond him,he is often able to evoke resonance, which is achieved through text. At the same time,people's reputation outside the network can also affect it. For instance,if a famous writer have identified himself or herself and everyone know that it is true,he or she is sure to get more attention.Then if we know his or her reputation,he or she might gain more support and response .

Picture of 思涵 柳
different results according to different context
by 思涵 柳 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 10:12 PM

I agree that in office network,the most powerful person is the one who have the most connections and imperative statements to others,so Dan is tend to be the most powerful person in this context.However,I'd like to add something.Personally,I think people who interact more with other people  may be more powerful in our daily life,cause they are interacting by sending messages to each other.