web science-2019讨论区

Group 1:Discussion about Session 1

Picture of 海淼 李
Group 1:Discussion about Session 1
by 海淼 李 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:05 PM

Now students in group 1 can discuss about session 1.

Picture of 海淼 李
回复: Group 1:Discussion about Session 1
by 海淼 李 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:05 PM

Let's begin with the first question,in what ways did the beginnings of the Web at CERN (as a way of scientists sharing information) impact its design?

Picture of 珂 晁
by 珂 晁 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:09 PM

I think at the beginning,the Web was designed for scientists at CERN.So it may not be so easy for ordinary people to use.And it was designed for data communication.So it was not visual but more brief.

Picture of 译元 梁
by 译元 梁 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:11 PM

In my opinion,the CERN's original design purpose is to create a platform that is suitable for the 
professional programmers making something technical.Its designing has its own boundedless and 
not fit for the people without professional basis.

Picture of 耕宇 林
by 耕宇 林 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:14 PM

As we know, World Wide Web "escaped" from CERN in 1989, and it had taken over academia, industry, 
and the rest of the world. WWW ends up being used by everyone for all sorts of purposes, so it develops 
powerful functions to meet users' needs.

Picture of 思宇 王
by 思宇 王 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:16 PM

The  beginnings of the Web are used to serve CERN.
For this reason,it may be difficult for most people who isn't in this group to understand and apply.

Picture of 海淼 李
by 海淼 李 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:23 PM

I think the web firstly desgined to support large-scale scientific experiments and it has only academy's value.But as it soon beyond the lab and subsequently the public sphere.Now people use it to exchange information.

Picture of 菁 李
by 菁 李 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 8:37 PM

My point is that it's designed for experimentation by professionals, and it's very useful for some projects. However, it may not be well used by ordinary people.

Picture of 海淼 李
by 海淼 李 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:13 PM

So what about question 2,what are the weaknesses and strengths of the Web as a technology do you think?

Picture of 珂 晁
by 珂 晁 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:18 PM

Undoubtly,the Web makes our daily life better.By using the web,not only can we access to the world more convenient,but also we can share our lifes with more interesting people.So the Web is reallly good in data communication,it is fast and accurate.But in some ways,such as security,the Web indeed has a long way to go.

Picture of 译元 梁
by 译元 梁 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:20 PM

The strengths of the Web present in various aspects.For example,it can reduce the time we spent on searching information and find out the message efficiently.However,Web certainly has shortcoming in the personal privacy,so that is an essential area for us to improve.

Picture of 耕宇 林
by 耕宇 林 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:22 PM

Undoubtedly, Web makes our lives much more convenient.

In my openion, the most important thing the web brings is a new way of thinking.

But every coin has two sides. Personai information security is worth thinking about.

Picture of 思宇 王
by 思宇 王 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:25 PM

As to the strengths of the Web,it is convenient and timesaving
 for people from all over the world to share ideas at any time.
Well,as to the weakness,I want to say too much freedom will bring no freedom.

Picture of 海淼 李
by 海淼 李 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:30 PM

There is no doubt that we can exchange information freely thanks to the web and out life become more convenient,but we can't ignore its disadvtages,
 for example ,how do we protect our information from being stolen when we surf the Internet?

Picture of 菁 李
by 菁 李 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 8:36 PM

I think the web provides us with a platform to share information, which is conducive to better communication. However, this platform can not give us a secure private space, and preventing leaks is a web need to be strengthened.     

Picture of 海淼 李
by 海淼 李 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:14 PM

The last question ,what is the direction of Web evolution? What might the Web look like in ten years time?

Picture of 珂 晁
by 珂 晁 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:30 PM

I think in order to popularize the Web,which means that making more and more people enjoy the benefits of the Web,the Web would become more and more convenient.In ten years  maybe we can get access to the Web through our brain.And the Web may be more brief and convenient.

Picture of 思宇 王
by 思宇 王 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:33 PM

In my view,the Web will contain more information and become safer and more open in the future.
The Web will be a platform which has diversity and inclusion.

Picture of 耕宇 林
by 耕宇 林 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:34 PM

In my oponion, the Web will rely on more entities, not only on computers and mobile phones.
 Nowadays, although there are URLs on buses, we still have to rely on our mobile phones to browse the websits. 
In ten years time, maybe we can surf the internet on buses, on walls, and other entities.

Picture of 译元 梁
by 译元 梁 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:35 PM

From my prospective,Web has linked to every aspects in our life,so how to combine them is a major problem.Nowadays,people prefer to use one technique control all intelligent devices,it not only convience,but also simplify our life.So ten years later,Web might become a platform for us to release and reduce pressure.

Picture of 海淼 李
by 海淼 李 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:37 PM

I think the direction of Web ecolution will be focus on more information it can carry and more various ways to show and exchage information.The future of web in ten years may can carry more things ,which we can't imagine.

Picture of 菁 李
by 菁 李 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 8:40 PM

In my opinion, the web will become more and more secure and open. In the future, there may be a technology that can monitor all points and devices, where people can safely communicate more information.

Picture of 译元 梁
by 译元 梁 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:44 PM

After learning the Web Science class, I have a deeper impression on what the Web is and how it works.It inspires me that we should  make continuous innovation and break through ourselves.

Picture of 珂 晁
by 珂 晁 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:45 PM

By learning the course,I know more about the Web's history,today and future.I firmly believe that the Web would have a bright future.I can't wait to see the future life with the advanced Web.

Picture of 海淼 李
by 海淼 李 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:47 PM

After learning,I'm surprised by where web born.And I know more about the differences between web and Internet.The wonderful teaching of the two teachers makes me benifit a lot,which makes me have more interest in my major and have a willing to learn more about how web works and improve myself.

Picture of 思宇 王
by 思宇 王 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:48 PM

After this jounery of learning the Web,I received a lot.
I have learned the web's origins at CERN,the precursors to the web and so on.
Although there are still some shortcomings for the web,I think it will bring more benefits to our world.

Picture of 耕宇 林
by 耕宇 林 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:52 PM

While learning the courses, I have a better understanding of the web.It is a much more complicated concept as I thought before.
WWW started with one condition to meet the needs of scientists of sharing information, but it ends up being used by everyone for all sorts of purposes.
From 1989 to 2013, it had token over industry, academia and the rest of the world in such a short period.
I can't imagine how the web will look like in 10 years later, but I am sure it will abosolutely benefit our daily lives. 

Picture of 菁 李
by 菁 李 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 8:42 PM

Through this study, I learned about the origin of the Web, its two-sidedness and its great contribution to the world. There is also a deeper understanding of the web.