web science-2019讨论区

Group 20 : Discussion about session 2

Picture of 康宇 王
Group 20 : Discussion about session 2
by 康宇 王 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 4:27 PM

Hello! Let us talk about the powerful person of  social network.
Picture of 康宇 王
回复: Group 20 : Discussion about session 2
by 康宇 王 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 3:03 PM

From part one of the video, we know that we need to find out who is the most powerful and influential person. But the powerful person in the network has different meanings for different purposes. In instance, someone who connects with others most frequently may be powerful, or someone who promotes something new and gets the most responses may be powerful. So I think we should define what means a powerful person.

Picture of 大有 杨
by 大有 杨 - Thursday, 23 May 2019, 1:13 PM

Well,from my point of view,what this video is trying to talk about

is how to find the most efficient way to figure out that most powerful person.Understanding this is crucial to understand the whole picture of what are we going to learn in this lesson.But part of me agree with what you are saying.

Picture of 康宇 王
by 康宇 王 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 3:09 PM

For the first question, to figure out who is the most connected person, what network properties we may use to describe? And I think that we can look at the node of the network at first.

Picture of 华宇 李
by 华宇 李 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 3:58 PM

Properties?You mean...em...those factors or data on network,such as number ok likes?Well,sounds great.Let me see...Oh,we could,for example,when someones are tweeting and chating aimlessly,suddenly one mentions a new topic,then many of them rt or reply the twitter in high frequency during a certain timing.By comparing the data of which with the contemporaneous,maybe we could say the one with high numbers is more powerful.What about this?

Picture of 康宇 王
by 康宇 王 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 4:29 PM

What you said is about the specific in reality,we can use it in statistic to get the data of connection or others
Picture of 华宇 李
by 华宇 李 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 4:43 PM

I don't understand your words very much...what I said was about those connection on twitter,what is"specific not of reality"?Do you mean we should build a table or draw a diagram of relationship to show the data more clearly?

Picture of 华宇 李
by 华宇 李 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 4:54 PM

BY the way,I also think those interactions in reality are also useful to infer who is the leader or center of a group.It may do help to some professions or studies of sociology.

Picture of 康宇 王
by 康宇 王 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 8:02 PM

I think what you said is right, but your answer is for the questions in sheet 2 and 3. To figure out the best connected person, we need to pay attention to the node in network structure for question 1.

Picture of 博轩 许
by 博轩 许 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 10:18 PM

Actually , we can't judge whether a person is influential or not just by one or two aspects . We should take many factors into consideration and come up with a criterion. Also , I want to know how we can make money in that way .By the way , I don't accept any rebuttal . Thank you .

Picture of 华宇 李
by 华宇 李 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 10:44 PM

Well,money...of course it is an attractive topic...In my opinion,maybe the data could be used in areas of detective and information.For example,if some internal dialogue of a company were revealed,others,especially the company's competitor could then have a grasp of the indormations of personnel arrangement,even the operation pattern of the company.I could already imagine how horrible the situation would be.Certainly,we shouldn't just focus on what chaos they might bring us,but also the benefit.What if the data were used in better arrangement?I think it will make sense beyond doubt.

Picture of 凯 张
by 凯 张 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 11:58 PM

well,as far as i am concerned,the overunderstanding on a person's influence may exist in the enviroment and cause some

wrong analyse,some structures of network won't reflect on a person's true position in real world.

Picture of 华宇 李
by 华宇 李 - Thursday, 23 May 2019, 12:13 AM

We should take the operation pattern in reality into account,of course.The condition's difference will affect the result we get.However,before really being used to deal with problems in reality,what more important is that we should make sure the method reasonable and available.To achieve the goal,using a simplified model is acceptable,I think.Those example in the video maybe not very detailed,yet proper to show us the thinking of the analysis clearly.You konw,using too complex model to teach the beginner is not a good idea,is it?