web science-2019讨论区

Group 11:Discussion about Session 2

Picture of 睿哲 曾
Group 11:Discussion about Session 2
by 睿哲 曾 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 11:17 PM

Now students in group 11 can discuss about session 2.

Picture of 睿哲 曾
回复: Group 11:Discussion about Session 2
by 睿哲 曾 - Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 11:40 PM

Firstly,I have a question.Can we find a effective way to analysis the influence?May be some bosses only contact to a few people who contact to other employees,but it is clear that they are the most influencial people.

Picture of 文博 胡
by 文博 胡 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 11:33 PM

It seems that your statement is right.But what's the proportion of these leaders?And in these social platform,most of the users aren't outstanding people with some employees.
Picture of 睿哲 曾
by 睿哲 曾 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 11:40 PM

Yes.I think we should limit the scope of the investigation to the company's internal social network otherwise the investigation is invalid.

Picture of 君林 陈
by 君林 陈 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 11:34 PM

No,I do not think so.Because influence do not has a clear definition in this context.Therefore,there is no doubt that though hard to believe,but the bosses are not the most influential people .Maybe they can be describe as distinguish or whatever,but they are not influential.

Picture of 睿哲 曾
by 睿哲 曾 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 11:37 PM

However,the bosses have the most power in their companies otherwise their decision can not have an impact on the behaviors of their employees and thus the bosses then lose the existence significance.

Picture of 君林 陈
by 君林 陈 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 11:40 PM

I think the author really gets point.He emphasized twice that the network science is just an abstraction.Do not believe it all, which would probably make you blind.

Picture of 睿哲 曾
by 睿哲 曾 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 11:42 PM

Nowadays,with the  development of technology,we rely more on social network than before.So I think we can get some useful information about the network of a company.

Picture of 君林 陈
by 君林 陈 - Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 11:48 PM

I learned from the lesson that do not take things for granted.Maybe the truth is far from what you once believed. For example,I once thought that the nodes and the links follow the normal distribution.But actually the follow the pow low distribution.

Picture of 睿哲 曾
by 睿哲 曾 - Thursday, 23 May 2019, 12:08 AM

Well,I think the stuctures of different companies are various

Picture of 文博 胡
by 文博 胡 - Thursday, 23 May 2019, 12:18 AM

I argee with you!